Wednesday 1 February 2012

The Hair Treatment that saved my Hair


BaByliss Pro Argan Oil.


On the back!

I prefer to use this on wet hair, If I do use it on dry hair I have to be careful not to overload my hair. The bottle says it doesn't leave a oily residue and it doesn't ... when used correctly, don't go overboard on this baby. A little goes a long way.

The reason I got this product in the first place is, I did terrible terrible things to my hair. My hairdresser was surprised I had hair left after this. But thanks to alot of care my hair survived. It was high maintenance but well worth it.

This is the terrible thing I did to my hair:


On a whim one day when I was dying one of my friends hair, we decided to dye my hair pink! I had the colour as I was using it to tint my hair. While I am naturally dark blonde I had been dying my hair a dark brown for several years. So I had to go from a dark brown to as light as I could get it. I'm not really proud of what I did to my hair, if I remember correctly I bleached my hair (yes BLEACHED) my hair a total of 4 times in 2 weeks. By the time I had done that my scalp was bright red and my hair was white at the roots and light orange at the ends.

Because I was using a red toned colour I didn't use a toner. The colour I used was Alfaparf Milano Jeans Color in Magenta. I love this colour. I really really do, I tried others but always went back to this. It's vibrant and long lasting, the colour would hold up for ages and I would only re do it because my regrowth was showing!

My hair is naturally frizzy and wavy, but nothing like the photo above, I fried my hair it felt like straw, If i brushed it when it was wet hair would come out onto my comb. I had to change my somewhat lazy hair care routine. I went from shampoo and conditioner and dying my hair to, deep conditioning twice a week using a salon shampoo and conditioner. Still it was not enough!

I went into Hair House Ware House (in Australia) and was browsing the aisles I had heard great things about Morrocan oil and picked this one up because I got more for the same price as another brand. The checkout girl was like be careful not to use to much as it can make your hair look greasy, then taking one look at my hair said although your hair will probably soak it up. And it did! 

This helped my hair so much, it cut down frizz, I added this to my hair dye to my deep condtioner pretty much anything I put on my hair I added this product too.

This product made it possible for me to do this to my hair


Special Effects Hair Dye in Cupcake.


La Riche Directions Semi Permanent Hair Color Dye in Atlantic Blue and Lilac 



Jayde
(:

No comments:

Post a Comment