Thursday 19 January 2012

Everyday Eye Look One


So this is hopefully the first of many everyday eye looks using a range of different products! Not to many high end products as I don't own many of them.

So this is look Number 1:




To start off with:

Primer! Helps your eyeshadow stay on all day and keeps it from creasing, I use Urban Decay Primer Potion Original. Mine is in the old style container, I picked mine up in a pack with original and UDPP in Sin on a cruise in the pacific in the one board duty free store for about $18 for the pack of 2.

A little goes a long way, dab a bit on you eye lids and blend where you will be placing eye shadow, just on your lid or all the way up to you brow bone or any where in between.

For this look I used the BH Cosmetics 28 Neutral Eyeshadow palette:


Ok to start the eyeshadow off take the white in the bottom left corner and using you pinky finger blend this shadow into the inner corner of your eye for a highlight. Labeled as 1.

This shade has a shimmery/frosty finish which makes it great to highlight the inner corner of your eyes, brightens, catches the light and draws attention to your eyes.


Then taking a flat shader brush, I am using one from BH Cosmetics, pack the 2nd shade in the inner 3rd of your eye. This colour is only slightly darker than my skin tone.

This colour has a satin/matte finish.


Next colour is for the other 2 3rds of the eyelid. This colour is more of a shimmery finish by having this in the middle of your eye lid you bring it out more which makes your eyes appear bigger. You can take this to your outer corner if your prefer. Use the other side of you flat shader brush to pack this colour on.


Next is the crease shade this one is a dark shade to give definition to your eyes.
This is my favourite crease colour for a neutral eye at the moment. I have been wearing it almost every day for about a week now. The brush I used for this part is a blending brush by Sigma. This an an oval shaped brush and is a flatter blending brush than say a dome blending brush, it helps you to no over do your crease when doing an everyday look. Use this brush in a "wind sheild whiper" motion in the crease of your eye from the outer corner to about half way across the eye.


I added liquid eye-liner, I use Maybelliene Line Stiletto in Blackest Black. This is a step you can skip, however if you are going to add fake eyelashes like I did having eye-liner on helps blend the eyelashes.



Next Step is Mascara I used Covergirl Lash Blast Fusion in Very Black.




For extra length and fullness for my eyelashes I added these false eyelashes. The E.L.F Essential Natural Lash Kit in Black. This was my first time using these lashes, I was really pleased how they turned out, they don't have that extreme false lash look. Although I have to say I am a little out of practice with applying false eyelashes, while the process is simple it takes practice to get them perfect!



There we go finished! I hope you enjoyed my first everyday look, feel free to leave comments if there is anything you think I could do to improve these posts.

Jayde
:)



No comments:

Post a Comment