Friday 20 January 2012

E.L.F Essential Lipstick: Swatches and Review!

This is the first time I have tried ELF Lipsticks, as they aren't readily avaliable in Australia. That is also why you have been seeing lots of ELF products, I may have over done it but I had a list of things I wanted to try and once I settled in Canada they were within in my reach.

Anyway onto the lipsticks. These come in a variety of shades, I would recommend looking up swatches before buying as the pictures on the web site can be a bit deceptive (not always! But better safe than sorry) when it comes to colour. You can pick these up at Target in the US, I haven't seen them in a store in Canada but you can also order off their website: www.eyeslipsface.com. Shipping to Canada takes normally around 10 -15 days unless you order around peak times (like Christmas) Then it might take a little longer. 

I bought 6 of these at $1 a piece, which is a pretty good deal if I do say so myself.
They come in silver tubes with a clear strip so you can see what colour the lipstick is:




I was surprised with these lipsticks, the first thing I checked was the smell, I know a weird thing to check first but I have trouble with cheap lipstick before that smells like chemicals and has the consistency of a crayon. These however all have a nice fruity smell! 

While these aren't the most moisturising lipsticks, they didn't dry my lips out either, They seem to be on standard I've found for normal lipstick. I would probably pair a gloss with these to give a better look but that is just my personal preference. Their lasting ability is pretty standard, you will have to reapply these they aren't a long lasting formula however they aren't going to just disappear from your lips in 5 minutes.

Swatches:


Nostalgic 


This in the colour Nostalgic, it's not as light as it is in the above picture. It is a pink nude, I have to say this is my first nude colour, I have very pigmented lips so nudes can look a little strange on me.



Flirtatious 


Is a bright pink. Pretty straight forward. Something I would wear when trying to brighten my face up and look perky!



Charming 


This my favourite shade, I put this over the top of Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick in Perfect Peony, which is long lasting so the combination is a not to dry long lasting lipcolour. The Revlon Colorstay is drying by itself but easily transfered when pair with a lipgloss so paring it with a lipstick gives you the best of everything.



Classy 




This is a darker pink than Flirtatious with a sort of purple undertone almost a berry shade





Sociable 



This is my least favourite colour that I bought, I like the colour however there is glitter in it! I'm not a fan of glitter in lip products it reminds me of lipstick I used to play dress up with when I was 5. So if there was no glitter it would be an awesome colour but alas it does have glitter.



Fearless 



This is a bright red with orange under tones. This was another one I was disappointed with, the formula had been pretty consistent with the other lipsticks but this one how ever I felt was oiler in feeling on my lips. That is not something I like in a red lipstick as it makes me paranoid that it has gone everywhere on my face.




All In all these lipsticks are great! For a dollar each you can't go wrong! Just check swatches first to get an 
idea of what the colours are actually like.


Jayde


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment